Awesome Energy Tips!
- Smell 'n' tell. CALL 911.
- Underground pipes have the right of way.
- Call before you dig.
- Be safe around gas meters.
- Purchase and install a carbon monoxide alarm.
- Know your three electrical safety signs.
- Steer clear of transformer boxes.
- Downed power lines aren’t jungle vines.
- Never go near a downed power line. It could still be live.
- Electricity and water don’t mix.
- Trees and power lines don’t mix.
- Identify electrical hazards at home.
- Be prepared when the power goes out.
- Wear socks and sweaters indoors.
- Take 5-minute showers.
- Wash clothes in cold water instead of hot water.
- Run full dishwasher loads only.
- Use your natural gas fireplace for heat.
- Be cool. Use a programmable thermostat at home.
- Make a door sock to keep warm air inside.
- Install a low-flow showerhead and kitchen faucet.
- Close doors and windows to not let-out hot air, etc.
- Use your window blinds or curtains to keep heat in or out.
- Turn your computer off when not in use.
- Turn your cell phone off when not in use.
- Turn your TV off when not in use.
- Turn your video game console off when not in use.
- Decide which snack you want before you open the fridge.
- Replace your TV time with books or board games.
- Use one light per person.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with CFL or LED bulbs.